Sunday, September 6, 2009

Church

Well, I made it through the sermon and then I had to leave. My body is so fragile that sitting in the wooden pew was killing me, I hurt all over. Next time I will take some pillows. It was also very, very emotional for me. When I first got there I walked through the columbarium and saw the markers for my friends who had died since I'd last been there. One of them really touched me and brought me to tears. Dr. Dickey Hendrickson always wore bow ties and his marker had his name, the dates and a bow tie on it. For some reason that just got all over me and I burst into tears. Then I saw my friend in the Narthex who is fighting ovarian cancer. It has spread to her liver and her brain but she was smiling and happy to see me. We laughed at how skinny we both are now. We both used to be pretty hefty girls. She is a nuclear physicist who helped with the cleanup at Chernobyl which is probably where she got cancer. A hero and I admire her so much.

So, it was good and just okay. I cried all the way home. My emotions were just overflowing for so many reasons. Terri is a good preacher and I can't wait to hear her again.

I love you all and pray for you daily. Love, R

9 comments:

motheramelia said...

Dear Roseann, church is the prefect place to cry. I'm so pleased you got to see some of your friends and hope it will be a regular part of your week. Lots of love.

Bro. John-Anthony said...

Crying is not a bad thing ... very cleansing. I'm just glad you were able to get out to church. We had a lady that used to bring her zero gravity to church with her ... she was most comfortable. Do what you have to do to be comfortable. Blessings

Bro. John-Anthony said...

LOL ... that's zero gravity chair ... fingers aint working right.

suzanne said...

Roseann, I'm so glad you were able to attend church even if it was for a brief time. Good on You as Maddie would say.

Wooden pews are definately not made for skinny butts.

Love and Hugs,

ET

Anonymous said...

I kept looking for you and was worried when I couldn't find you. But then, I figured it might have tuckered you out. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say "hi". No matter how early I shoot for, I'm screeching in just before the choir!

Lesley

Grandmère Mimi said...

You made it, Roseann! Next time, with your pillows, you'll make it longer.

Much love and many blessings. Prayers for you and Gary continue.

Two Auntees said...

Wooo Hoooo!! So glad you felt like going to church. Don't worry about the tears. Tears are one of those self clean features given to us by God.

Jay said...

No platitudes but just so you know, some of us admire you a great deal too.

The great thing about cyber hugs (and God's arms too!) is they never leave bruises.

{{{{Roseann}}}}

Peace
JP

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.hommelv2013.com]Louis Vuitton Soldes[/url]Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[/url]Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[url=http://www.hommelv2013.com]Louis Vuitton Soldes[/url] Louis Vuitton soldes [url=http://www.vuittonsachomme.fr]Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[/url]