Monday, August 10, 2009

A wonderful thing

I got home from dialysis this morning and I was feeling pretty sick to my stomach and in a bad funk. Tomorrow I have to go have the vein study and I'm a bit worked up about it. So I was just sitting around feeling rather sorry when I got a wonderful phone call.

I told you all that I had transferred our membership back to St. Peter's. I was confirmed there, my husband was confirmed there and we were married there. It is my one real church home. The people there love me warts and all. And I love them.

So, the phone rings and it is the priest at St. Peter's. She is coming to see me next week and bringing me communion. I am just so very happy about that!!!

6 comments:

motheramelia said...

That is wonderful. Good move in transferring your membership back home.

Grandmère Mimi said...

Roseann, how lovely. I am so pleased for you. You and Gary did right to transfer your membership back to your church home.

I offer many prayers for you and Gary, and I send much love.

Juanuchis said...

Roe, I'm sure her visit and Eucharist will be healing to your soul! Wonderful news!

suzanne said...

This is wonderful news, and shows thru prayer, there is hope.

I like this priest.

MadPriest said...

Brilliant!

susankay said...

What church is supposed to be (at least in part)