Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Wiener Mobile

I just saw a picture of the Oscar Mayer Wiener Mobile on MP's blog. There are a few things that make me laugh out loud every single time I see them and the wiener mobile is one of them. In my perfect world everyone drives a vehicle that looks like some sort of lunch meat or vegetable. Sports cars would be lunch meats. Big, comfortable sedans would be vegetables. Prius and Smart Cars would be baby patty pan squash.

I think I've had too many drugs this morning.

6 comments:

Douglas Ward said...

Weinermobile was in the news recently -

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/18/oscar-meyer-weinermobile-crash/

susan s. said...

Glad to see your posts this week, Roseann. Talking about cars made of food, when my son was a little tyke he loved the Richard Scarry books. One character was Lowly Worm. He wore one shoe, since he had only one foot, and drove an apple car! It is still here in the collection of favorite things. Perhaps there could be Bell Pepper cars. Red, yellow, green, and even the slightly purple ones they call chocolate. Hmmmm.

Prayers continue for you both.

MadPriest said...

I think I've had too many drugs this morning.

Yes and where can I get some?

Grandmère Mimi said...

Roseann, have you ever read A Confederacy of Dunces? It's hilarious. The protagonist, Ignatius Reilly, who can't hold a job, tries his hand at selling hot dogs from a rolling stand in the French Quarter in New Orleans and fails at that, too.

MadPriest said...

One of the greatest books ever written, Mimi.

Being Peace said...

A Confederacy of Dunces is one of my favorite books. I feel like I know those people having lived in New Orleans. I remember Lucky Dogs. I was always too afraid to eat one but I remember them on every corner in the Quarter.