Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dialysis fun

Dialysis isn't bad. It doesn't hurt and the worst thing about it is you get freezing cold during the process. I take it back, the worst thing about it is if you aren't asleep you get bored to tears. I can lie still, hooked up to the feeding tube for 8 to 10 hours a day and I'm fine. I'm in my nest with my wiener dogs and satanic kitties. I can color mandalas, read, play on my computer and sometimes watch a little TV. The good thing is my dialysis center is a nice place with friendly, professional people working there.

Probably the hardest thing about dialysis is occasionally there will be a patient who is a little out of their mind. They tend to talk to Jesus in a very loud voice. I wish that Jesus would tell them to talk a little softer but so far he's keeping out of it. Finally one day I just couldn't take it anymore and I told the woman, who was in the bed next to me, that I had just talked to Jesus and he wanted her to go to sleep now. It worked. She calmed right down and went off to sleep. I hope Jesus doesn't mind that I spoke for him.

8 comments:

Grandmère Mimi said...

Finally one day I just couldn't take it anymore and I told the woman, who was in the bed next to me, that I had just talked to Jesus and he wanted her to go to sleep now. It worked. She calmed right down and went off to sleep. I hope Jesus doesn't mind that I spoke for him.

LOL! Personally, I think you should continue to pass on Jesus' thoughts to the poor lady. She was probably much more comfortable having her nap.

Prayers, love, and blessings.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I have always been told that we are to serve as Jesus' hands in the world (metaphorically speaking, of course)--so I think you did just the right thing. :-)

Can you read during your dialysis sessions, Roseann?

motheramelia said...

Well I'm sure you did speak for Jesus Roseann. I'm sure he wanted you to get some peace and that was a very sensible way to get some.

Mary said...

I agree - who knows that your words weren't divinely inspired? Once I was visiting someone at a nursing home, and another resident wheeled up to me in her chair and grabbed my hand and begged me to take her home with me. Finally I got the idea of crouching down so my face was level with hers, and for lack of a better idea said,"Try not to worry." She immediately stopped crying. I think Jesus does want everyone to have as much peace as is possible.

susan s. said...

A brilliant interpretation of working for Jesus! And may I say, he probably appreciates help of that kind?

Being Peace said...

No, I can't read during dialysis. I'm one of those people that requires quiet to read.

Douglas Ward said...

I've found the solution -

http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/cone.html

EY said...

Oh my. That is hilarious! I always wonder why the reasonable, loving Jesus of my Bible turns into some kind of a hateful, intolerant and often just plain weird, freak in other people's. Do I have the wrong version?