Monday, July 27, 2009

Well, it is done

I just got off the phone with St. Peter's, my old home parish, and they are just thrilled that Gary and I want to move our membership back. I talked to a lady named Beth and I could feel the smile in her voice. I told her I had no expectations of pastoral care since I live so far away but the priest does come down to Little Rock to visit people in the hospital and will come by to see me.

I have tears in my eyes right now. Going home, even when I can't be there physically, feels so good.

St. Peter's is the place where I really learned what it meant to be in relationship with God. I was allowed to explore my faith, ask questions, get answers, get no answers, and be involved in ministry. If I saw a need that I thought St. Peter's could respond to I didn't have to go through a million committees. All I had to do was go to the priest with my plan and I was sent off to respond with blessings and support.

I always had a deep response to John 20:21 Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

I hope that doesn't sound arrogant because I certainly don't think I'm anything special. It has always resonated deeply with me that we are to love one another and love is action. Sometimes still quiet action and sometimes bold action.

2 comments:

Grandmère Mimi said...

Roseann, you're not arrogant at all. God calls all of us. The question is only whether we answer the call and go where God sends us. I'm afraid that it's true that sometimes, I don't answer the call. But sometimes I do. It's best not to dwell too much on past mistakes. Better to focus on bearing good fruit in the future.

You are special. Each of us is special in God's eyes. You're very right that love is in actions.

I'm so pleased for you that you are back in your old home church.

Love and blessings.

susan s. said...

Oh, Roseann, this is wonderful. Your happiness also makes me happy.

Prayers continue for your peace and comfort.