Friday, July 17, 2009

Feeling better

Well it has been a wild week. I went to dialysis Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri and I'm feeling a little better now. On Tues I was transfused with 2 pints of blood. A person waiting, hoping for a kidney transplant never wants a transfusion because it builds up antibodies in your blood that make it harder to find a donor. However, being so anemic you can't walk across a room is not desirable either.

I saw my nephrologist today and he told me how worried he had been earlier this week. He's a good guy who really cares about his patients. The swelling in my arms has gone down about 75% and he expects the rest will go by the end of next week. I just keep on keepin' on.

Names I wish I had never heard:
Perez Hilton
Paris Hilton
Brittany Spears
Jessica Simpson

I just hate it that I know anything at all about those people!

5 comments:

Two Auntees said...

I am so glad to hear that you are improving. You are such a trooper. You are in my prayers.

motheramelia said...

Glad you're a bit better. Prayers continue.

Grandmère Mimi said...

Roseann, keep on keepin' on, and we'll keep on prayin'. I'm glad to see that your sense of humor is intact.

Love and blessings.

susan s. said...

Continuing prayers here.

I know how you feel about those people.
I think we could come up with a very long list if we tried, but why get het up right now? Later will do.

Lindy said...

Just checking in Roseann. I'm with you on the people you wish you'd never heard of, and could add a few to it! So glad that you are keeping some sense of humor about you. It's good medicine. You are showing the rest of us so much about how to live in the midst of painful trials. I pray for you and Gary often. Peace.
Lindy