Sunday, July 26, 2009

Comfort food

I love soup. It is the ultimate comfort food for me. Here's a recipe for Cauliflower soup. It is easy and very yummy.

Chop up a head of cauliflower and cook it in chicken broth with a little salt and pepper. Then blend it up using a hand blender or a regular blender. Make sure you get it smooth and silky. If you use a regular blender be very careful! Hold the lid on with a towel so it doesn't send hot stuff all over you and your kitchen. Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and about a 1/2 cup of cream. It is real comfort food.

4 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I'm a soup fan too, Roseann--especially a spicy vegetable version with lots of hot, crusty bread.

Ok, now I have to go find something to eat! Blessings to you on this sunny Sunday. I am so happy to know that you are able to make something that brings you comfort. :-)

Cheers,
Doxy

Grandmère Mimi said...

Roseann, your soup recipe sounds delicious, luv.

susan s. said...

This sounds so good, Roseann. I will make it soon! Thanks.

Erika Baker said...

This also works well with a bit of chili.
Or nutmeg.
But not both.

Thanks for reminding me of my girls' favourite soup!