Monday, July 27, 2009

Bless you my friends

Thanks for all the nice comments. I can't tell you how much it means to me to hear from you. I spend most of my time hooked up to machines and I get really lonely, especially when Gary is at work.

Saturday night two of my best friends came to town for a movie and they stopped by Whole Foods to check in with Gary and see how we're both doing. He wanted to go to Conway on Sunday afternoon to visit but I just couldn't do it. Sometimes when I wake up I look like a chipmunk on crack LOL! My cheeks and eyes swell up from excess fluid. Not that I'm vain (ahem) but who wants to go out in public looking like that?

One day this journey will end. For good or not, it will end. The wheel always turns and life goes on to its inevitable conclusion. In the mean time I just try to take each day as it comes and do what I can to feel some sense of normalcy.

Last night I made a squash casserole that is awesome. Gary at 1/2 of it! Here's the recipe.

4 cups sliced yellow squash
1/2 cup chopped onion or shallot
Put the squash and onion in a pan with 2 inches of water and steam for 10 minutes. Drain well.
Crush 35 Ritz-type crackers and mix with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Put the squash/onion mixture in a large bowl and add 1/2 the cracker crumb mixture.
In a small bowl mix 3/4 cup milk, 2 eggs and 1/4 cup melted butter. Add to squash mixture.
Spread in a 9x13 pan and top with the rest of the cracker crumb mixture.
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

Love you all and you're in my prayers always, Roseann

No comments: