Thursday, April 2, 2009

Words fail me...


Listen, I was thinking on my way to work today that you deserve a much nicer medal than the one I have so I detoured though another little town on my way home... it's just one little town after another here in swamp land... and I went to see the religious man down at the religious shop. He had a great St. Jude. I knew he would. It's gold over silver which he was pretty impressed about. I don't know. But, it's pretty and it feels good in the hand. So I got you that one. I think you'll like it. Now, the religious man is very religious... Catholic... Republican... pro-life... the whole nine yards. So, he was careful to inform me that the medal had not been blessed and that I should rush right out to my priest and have it blessed before I gave it to anyone. I thanked him profusely, like I always do. But, I don't have a priest and if I did I wouldn't ascribe any magical blessing powers to them anyway. What I do with my own medals is leave them in front of an icon of our blessed mother and ask her to take them directly to Jesus and have them blessed by him. So, that is what I have done with yours. I'll leave it here all night and pack it up and mail it in the morning. You can see it in the snap below. The medal is in the little maroon box.



If you need any other religious stuff just let me know. I'm not kidding, this guy can get anything. ANYthing. And it is a privilege for me to be able to do something for you.

My prayers for you continue.

3 comments:

Tracie the Red said...

That is AWESOME!

Grandmère Mimi said...

Lindy is the best! How lovely of her to do this and to send the beautiful picture.

susan s. said...

We love you Roseann. As to the warm blankets below, yes they are the best. I hope you are getting lots at the new place!