Saturday, April 18, 2009

When you come out of the desert

We all spend time in the desert. We have spiritual, financial, health, family deserts and they are all lonely and hard places to be. We're never there forever. Things change, life moves, healing of different sorts occur and we always seem to find ourselves back in the garden somehow.

I've been thinking about Jesus taking the disciples to the garden during the last of their time together. He knew they were going to hit some long, hard desert time soon so he took them to a place of peace and beauty. 

I feel that I've just entered the garden gate. I feel the Spirit leading me, putting people in my path for a reason, giving me hope and strength. Everyone's garden is a little different and the path to the gate is different. A week ago I could barely walk to the end of the hall and now I can move around a lot more. I can fix my own coffee. Big deal you say? Yeah it is.

When you're in the desert it feels as though you'll never get out. If you pay attention, you're out and life feels fresh again.

I love you all and you are in my prayers, Roseann

8 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I'm so happy to read this, Roseann---yay for coffee making and gardens!

Pax,
Doxy

renzmqt said...

You GO, Girl!

Juanuchis said...

This is wonderful news!

Lindy and Rowan said...

Makes me want to stand up and cheer for you.

susan s. said...

Came to see how you are doing... Glad to see that you are in a better place. On my way to church. We are praying for you, dear Roseann.
Love to you and Gary.

Paul said...

May strength and joie de vivre increase daily.

suzanne said...

I Do stand up and cheer for you!Everyday.

You've made your way into my heart, you know.

HUGS,

Sue

Tracie the Red said...

FAAAAbulous! Coffee this week...and by next week, you'll be trying out for the NBA, right?

:wink:

Well done!