Thursday, April 2, 2009

Warm Blankets

Warm blankets are one of the true pleasures of life. Climbing into the dialysis bed and being covered with warm blanks is enough to make a grown man weep. Except MP who would just sniffle a bit.

Thanks for all the great comments and feedback. Thanks to Lindy who is sending me a St Jude medal. I will keep the card in my BCP and wear the medal all the time. Sometimes I take my BCP to dialysis and read prayers and psalms. What a wonderful book to have. Once a gazillion years ago when I was young and healthy a Roji from a Buddhist monastery in Japan came to visit a local college. He wanted to meet with my priest and she asked me to join them. I gave him a copy of the BCP and he gave me a fan he had calligraphied with a saying of the Buddha. He told me what it said but now with  rampant CRS I have no clue what it says. It is one of the things I want thrown in my box before I am cremated.

Gary says I want too much in that box. I want my old, best wiener dogs collar. I want a picture from our wedding and I want a picture of my mommy and daddy. Is that weird? When one of my friends died a few years ago we filled his coffin with KitKat bars. Hey...he liked them a lot! No one had discussed it, there was no plan, just as we passed his coffin in went a KitKat.

When Gary's uncle died they put his domino set in his coffin. The double-six was in his hands. I had never met this man and when we got to the wake Aunt Martha said, "Let me introduce you to Doug." Well, this was a new one for me. I mean, what do you say? "Hi, nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy the after life." I'm really no good in situations like that.

I want to send special greetings today to John, Janis and Larry. You sure have helped me with all the broohaha this week. Thanks for having my back. I love you.

8 comments:

Juanuchis said...

{{{Roseann}}} What a lovely post. I love you, sister!

Janis

motheramelia said...

Lots of love. The BCP gives me comfort too. Prayers.

StLouisJohn said...

Lots of love and prayer to you, my dear friend. And as far as having your back, you'd do it for us in a heartbeat.

You're just something else, lady, and I love yah dearly!

John

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Prayers continuing!

suzanne said...

I had never thought of putting anything in my box before I become a crispy critter, I just thought it would ne appropriate to be cremated with my moose socks on. Now I have to think of other things too.
Thanks, Ro. Talk to you on FB.

Grandmère Mimi said...

Ummm. You're right, Roseann. Warm blankets are lovely things.

I never thought about other things besides me in the cremation box. I'll ponder that.

Tracie the Red said...

That reminds me - Dad's birthday is coming up on April 16th.

He passed away 4 years ago.

Usually I try to get out to the beach and toss some gold or red flowers into the water, and offer some Guinness as well.

I keep telling myself one day that I will get down to Key West and eat a big, fat, juicy, cholesterol-laden burger on his behalf - because he always wanted to have a Cheeseburger In Paradise.

Being Peace said...

Traci... both my parents died before I was 27. In some ways I feel stuck at that age because at 55 I know 19 and 26 are still kind of babies.

If you ever go to the keys for the burger I want to go too! I think my dad would get a big kick out of that. I don't drink anymore but I would pour a Corona in the ocean for him.

For some reason I think my mom is totally at peace. She comes to me in dreams sometimes. And while this is really non-Christian, I think she is a bodhisatva and watches over her grandbabies.