Saturday, January 17, 2009

What did I do now?

About a month ago I found a housekeeper on Craigslist. A mother-daughter team who happened to live right down the street. The mother could barely get around but the daughter did an okay job and I really, really need help.

Yesterday they showed up just 15 minutes late. When they came in I told them I needed the bathrooms, floors, and furniture dusting/oiling to be the priority and to not worry about the kitchen. I went into the living room and I heard them in the kitchen and I thought they were just getting out the cleaning supplies and all. Then I heard dishes rattling and I went into the kitchen to see what was going on. The mother was unloading the dishwasher...which was full of dirty dishes. 

I said, "I need you guys to focus on the bathrooms, etc. and not the kitchen." I didn't yell, speak harshly, use sarcasm, show any frustration. Apparently though, just asking they do what I need done instead of what they want to do was just too much for them. So they left. Didn't say a word, just got their coats and walked out.

WTF?

3 comments:

Grandmère Mimi said...

Roseann, who knows? I am blessed. My previous cleaning lady stayed with me 12 years, and we got to be friends. She left to take another job with benefits, when her husband was laid off from his job.

The very next day, I found another lady who was working for my neighbor. She is wonderful. Needless to say, I know how fortunate I am. I treat them very well, but they both did and do what I ask them to do.

I pray you find someone good, who will do what needs doing.

Janis Bland said...

I sure wish we could find someone. True, we can't afford it right now, but even if we could, believe it or not it's hard to find someone here! We had a woman a couple years ago who did a decent job for $10/hr, but she up and left a note saying she was "burned out" and not returning. Grump.

MadPriest said...

You probably arrived in the kitchen at the right time.
They were probably stealing those dishes.