Sunday, January 4, 2009

It is official, I'm evil

I've posted on Beliefnet for years. I joined shortly after the site was launched. At one time we had a really lively Anglican/Episcopal board. It was fun and you'd better have sharp wits or you'd get left in the dust quickly.

Some whiner conservatives couldn't keep up and demanded their own board. Schismatics in the virtual world just like the real world. And, just as in the real world, the conservatives found they couldn't destroy the church so they abandoned the board they insisted on having. It is a new year, right? I thought it was time to have unity again. Boy was I wrong! I started a thread on the topic and here's what Beliefnet did in response.

Dear rmatth,

You have received an infraction at Beliefnet Forums.

From : BeliefnetSabee
Reason: Determined detractor/reputation vendetta

-------
Your thread was disruptive and has been deleted.

BeliefnetSabee
Asst. Community Manager
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=995668#post995668

---Quote---
It is time. It is abandoned. It is a new year. Let's go back to being one Anglican/Episcopal Board.

Yeah, I know it won't happen but one can always hope.
---End Quote---
All the best,
Beliefnet Forums


9 comments:

StLouisJohn said...

What a crock of shit. If you get a "demerit" for suggesting a forum that gets one post a month, if that, be deleted, then I should be stoned to death in the public square.

Reason: Determined detractor/reputation vendetta


Wow! Makes me wonder if you're not a part of the Anglican Maffia.

(Are you?)

Yah know, you ought to talk to a tattoo artist about getting these words, and the Episcopal Shield worked into a tattoo...you'd make an awesome biker chick!

Seriously, all the crap you've put up with for being real on that board...well, let me put it this way:

Remember those annoying "Hall Monitors" in gradeschool? You know, the ones who gave you a hard time if you didn't have a Hall Pass...who earned the monicker "Whiz Monitors?"

If you ever wonder where they wound up in the working world...well, I think you have a vendetta.

Oops...*blush* I mean idea. Hehe...

John

P.S. Do I get bad boy points for hanging out with you? That would be so cool.

Pat - An Arkansas Stamper said...

Good Grief!!

Joan said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!! 5 demerits... for what?? At least when I was in Navy boot camp and got demerits, it was uaually because they were deserved! This is just too much. Meanwhile non-Piskies can go on and become trolls and nothing is ever done. I see my time on Bnet slowly ceasing.

Joan

Janis Bland said...

WTF?

B'net has obviously been dumbed down to a second grade level. (Or maybe it was always there, but adding "demerits" just confirms it.)

I say we all copy your post, Roseann, and post it again on B'net. Har!

PseudoPiskie said...

I wondered where it went. So easily threatened those folks. Oh well. It won't improve with Murdock owning it. I used to get warnings all the time. The stuff Jeannette used to say to me should have terminated her permanently.

Donald Anthony said...

Unbelievable. How dare you suggest unity of all things. We don't do unity!

--Donald (slu)

Grandmère Mimi said...

Roseann! I didn't know that you were so wicked! Who knew you led a double life?

How silly of them. They will soon sink into their own blandness.

Cany said...

You got TOSSED FOR THAT?

Good grief.

What a bunch of freaking whiners!

Joan said...

Along with "we don't do unity," WE DON'T DO CHANGE!!!! LOL

Joan