Monday, January 19, 2009

Damned if you do...

I spoke out strongly when Obama selected Rick Warren to lead the invocation at the inaugural tomorrow. I'm glad I made that stand. It is a bad decision on Obama's part. I felt a little better when it was announced that +Robinson would give the invocation at yesterday's concert. Then another disastrous decision, to exclude the prayer from the televised show. 

I am having a hard time with this. I want to be happy. I mean less than 24 hours and the current occupant is out. I feel like the America I know and love is making a comeback. At the same time, how can I be happy when my GLBT brothers and sisters are once again forced to the back of the bus?


2 comments:

renzmqt said...

::hugs:: Roseann, thank you so much for your post. There is plenty to be hopeful about and the best reason to celebrate is to let the door hit George on the a$$ on his way out. That alone is enough to party on all week. Thanks again for your concern about me. Lots of folks out there are dismayed and hurting and it helps more than you know to see that other folks "get it." Peace, Big Sis!

DanG said...

Words (or the lack of words) do cause real pain. Often we straight folks who support you, say or do something that causes a great hurt. I'm afraid that we don't realize what a symbol Gene Robinson is for the lgbt community. I'm sure that Obama meant no slight in the no show on TV. I suspect that the decision was HBO's. That doesn't make it any less painful. Smile through your tears and be happy, don't let the bastards get you down.