Sunday, December 28, 2008

Apocalypse NOW!

My mother-in-law told me she is fine that Obama (who is a muslim, ya know) was elected president because it is just another sign of the Apocalypse. So she's getting ready to be raptured and all that.

So have you noticed any signs of the Apocalypse? Here's one of my favorites from fark.com:

In latest sign that the Apocalypse is all but upon us, disco is back

This is a creativity thread. Make up your best headlines for signs of the Apocalypse or link to those you've seen. Can't wait to read what you come up with!!

Happy New Year!
__________________

8 comments:

MadPriest said...

For most of my life adults were not allowed to ride their bikes in public parks. However, in recent years this law has been totally disregarded and walking in an English park is now as dangerous as walking down the central lane of a motorway. As it is a known fact that the angels who belong to Satan are all cyclists, I think this is a definite sign that that the evil one is collecting his despicable forces together for their final assault.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

One of the local radio stations started playing Christmas carols 24/7 in the first week of November.

Seriously.

If that isn't the work of the devil and a sign of the impending Apocalypse, I don't know what is...

Pax,
Doxy

MadPriest said...

The use of the term 24/7.
That's another biggie.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

You're just jealous that my example was so much better than that lame thing you came up with...

Robert said...

I think it's kind of like The Langoliers. So, don't fly from LA to Boston on a red-eye flight.

renzmqt said...

Macy's changed the name of Marshall Field's.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

It has to be the commercial I saw last night for "natural pepperoni." What, they have artificial treyf now? If there are artificial pigs out there, I KNOW the end of the world is coming....

(BTW, my verification word is "calax". That sounds like a laxative to me....

Grandmère Mimi said...

A Blessed and Happy New Year, Roseann!