Friday, November 7, 2008

Random thoughts on being home


Hooray! I am home from the hospital. I am so grateful for all the prayers and non prayers and good wishes.

A special thanks to Sue Taber aka St. Sue of Delaware. Through Mimi and the Mad One I have made a great new friend who has already walked the path of receiving a kidney transplant. She is a mighty blessing to me and my husband.

I am happy to be with my wiener dogs and evil kitties. 

I love getting comments from everyone. I feel like I am in a wonderful state of grace. My country has a new president and I feel real hope that I can again be proud to be an American. I feel real hope that I will get my country back.

I am disappointed with some of the awful anti-GLBT votes. I just ache for my brothers and sisters who have to live everyday with hideous discrimination and I vow to stand with them until they are free. None of us are free until all of us are free. I love you and I will stand beside you and do what I can.

I love all the people who have offered me a kidney!! 


7 comments:

Grandmère Mimi said...

Welcome home, Roseann. It's wonderful to hear your voice again. Prayers continue for your recovery.

Love and blessings.

suzanne said...

My friends who might read your blog will surely tell you "You don't know her very well" Then they'll laugh heartily.

Thanks for the compliment. It's not hard to hold out a hand for you.

You can genuflect now...

BTW the best part about coming home is sleeping in your own bed.

St. S

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad to read that you're home. I've been praying for you. (You know me as Thirsty Soul over on Belief Net.)

Two Auntees said...

Glad to hear that you are recovering quickly

Paul said...

So glad you are home. Continuing prayers for your health. Rejoicing with you over the election.

Lindy said...

I've been following you through Grandmère Mimi. Glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are recovering. May you have continued healing.

Erika Baker said...

It's so good to see you back! With continued prayers...