Thursday, September 11, 2008

This day

I'll remember this day for the rest of my life. I'll remember waking up and emailing a friend and telling them I felt a great disturbance in my spirit that I didn't understand then turning on the television and seeing the second plane hit the WTC. I'll remember waking up my husband crying, almost hysterical, afraid in a way I've never been before or since. I'll remember watching the news all day and still being unable to really comprehend what was happening. I'll remember waiting with friends in my home town as they waited to hear from friends and loved ones in the northeast. I'll remember those who put their lives on hold so they could go to NYC and help.

I'll remember the heroes. I'll pray for those who still mourn. I'll pray for the country I love that has been abused and exploited first with this tragedy and then with political reaction to this tragedy. I'll remember this day.

No comments: