Tuesday, July 1, 2008

News from Dorothy

It seems my friend the MadPriest has named me Dorothy. Maybe changing my name is a good thing at this time. It is true that some people have changed their names when their lives changed or when they wanted their lives to change.

Today I'm grateful that I live in such a quiet and peaceful neighborhood. No sounds of planes, trains or automobiles. The only noise is from a young man who plays his car stereo at a volume that literally rattles my windows. I don't mind it much though because it is just a few seconds when he leaves his house or comes home in the wee hours. I'm awake anyway and it is just too small a thing to get worried over.

I want to thank everyone who is praying for me. I've had such a sense of peace the last few days. I love you all.

2 comments:

StLouisJohn said...

Hmmm....well, it's appropriate, given that many of us who love you to pieces are indeed friends of Dorothy.

(In case your wondering, back in the day, a "friend of Dorothy" was code for homosexuality...."Are you a friend of Dorothy? Is he a friend of Dorothy? I think she is a friend of Dorothy.")

Now, Dorothy is often abbreviated to "Dottie." Of which I can see you as a "Dottie Henson" in "A League Of Their Own." Did you see that movie? Dottie could pitch a mean baseball, and when a snot nosed brat kept taunting the team with "You're gonna lose!" Dottie pitched him a fast ball, toppling him off the wall!

Don't believe me? Let's put +Big Pete on a wall, and give you a baseball...

hehe!

Hugs, love, and prayers for you my friend!

John

Grandmère Mimi said...

Well, SLJ, I caught the reference to Dorothy, and I knew what it meant, but I thought the origin of the meaning came from Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" = Judy Garland = friend of gays. What did I know?

Being Peace, prayers for healing and peace for you and those who love you continue. Your quiet neighborhood is a boon.